In an effort to extend our program and serve as many veterans as possible, Wall Street Warfighters Foundation has initiated a non-resident program for those veterans who may not be in a position to ‘deploy’ to Philadelphia for six months.
This self-paced program is ideal for applicants who meet our requirements; for those who may be unable to leave their families/jobs/education for the period of time required, and those military members who are nearing the end of their obligated service, and are interested in getting started on the program as they continue their out-processing.
Components of the Non-Residency Program include:
- A WSWF email account, Series 7 books and Series 7 on-line access including tutorials and sample tests.
- Mentoring and follow up by WSWF staff to encourage participation.
- Telephone and video conferencing into classroom sessions, as available.
- Non-resident resumes’ will be reviewed by industry professionals and partnering firms, with particular attention to specific geographical preferences.
- Having demonstrated adequate preparation by successfully completing practice tests, all warfighters will be scheduled to attend a one-week refresher course either in Philadelphia or their home town.
- Following the refresher course, non-residents are scheduled for and complete the Series 7 exam.
- After passing the Series 7, non-residents will come to Philadelphia for broader networking opportunities, meeting with partner firms to receive greater access/exposure to the financial services industry.
- While in Philadelphia, the non-residents will receive professional business attire, and will begin preparing for the Series 66 exam.
- Non-residents will receive mentorship, interview coaching, and career guidance in preparation for and throughout the job search.
- The end result for non-residents is identical to that of resident warfighters: the Foundation facilitates job interviews, apprenticeship or internship opportunities, and ultimately an offer for employment.
Our non-residency program has already proven very effective – but it remains a work in progress. Wall Street Warfighters, with the help of our educational partners, will continue to develop the non-residency program, adding self-pace instruction and appropriate licensing/certification preparation for participants interested in careers in other areas of the financial services industry, such as Compliance and Operations.
Please contact Brooks with any questions.
|previous page: Eligibility|